EV Charging Installation
Our EV charger installation process is about one thing: making it as easy as possible for you to have an electric vehicle. As a totally independent EV charger installer, our advice is always focused on what’s best for you and your vehicle.
Charging your car at home means you can easily keep your EV battery powered up and ready to go. That’s why our EV charging installation team fit your charge point in the most convenient place possible, and will be on hand to help you choose the best charger for you.
Why Charge Your EV at Home?
Charging at home provides the most reliable way to charge your electric vehicle, offering a convenient way for EV owners to charge their vehicle overnight and always be ready to go in the mornings.
We install your electric vehicle charger with a dedicated unit on its own dedicated circuit, making it the safest, fastest, and smartest way to charge an electric vehicle at home.
Our car charger installers will fit your EV charging point wherever it is most convenient for you and your vehicle. Experts in car charger installation and EV charge technology, we help you get the best out of your home charger. Our team can help you understand how to use your charger and get the best out of its smart features – such as scheduled charging to save costs!
Our EV Home Charger Installation Process
Before your EV home charger installation:
- A member of the Joltify team will call to discuss your electric car charger installation needs and understand your specific requirements (don’t worry we’re here to help you, not grill you!).
- We will ask a few questions to help you get the most out of your EV charger installation, understanding your eligibility for an OZEV grant, a government grant scheme worth up to £350 to help with the cost of your electric car charger installation (previously known as OLEV).
- We will book a pre-installation site survey at your convenience, assessing your charging requirements via virtual assessment. We can also offer in-person surveys where remote surveys are not possible.
Home visit and EV charging survey
- A Joltify engineer will survey your home and conduct a full review of the installation site, assessing Wi-Fi coverage and electricity supply. Our car charger installers also assess your electric car battery capacity and make sure you have the best possible parking spot.
- Based on this, they will work with you to agree on the best location for your EV charge point installation
- Our engineer will then discuss your vehicle and charging requirements and talk through the best potential electric vehicle chargers that would work for you, their installation prices, and their capabilities.
Car charger installation & how to use it
- A Joltify Engineer will arrive on site as scheduled and give a clear explanation of what will happen during your electric vehicle chargepoint installation.
- The engineer will double-check you are happy with the installation plan, including the location and a walk-through of the cable routing method before installing your EV charger.
- Our EV charger installers then get to work, fitting your home charge point with minimum disruption and to the highest quality end result.
- Once your install is complete, our friendly engineers walk you through the charging process, its energy usage, and help you make the most of your electric vehicle and its charging functionality with integrated apps. Our engineers will ensure you are 100% satisfied with your EV charging point installation.
- Following your EV charging point installation, your Joltify engineer will contact you to check everything is working and answer any questions you may have about charging your vehicle.
- We will send out your Electrical Installation Certificate and Building Control Notification.
- We will complete your OZEV grant application on your behalf, updating you on its progress to save you time and effort.
Home EV Chargers We Install
We install a range of the UK’s favourite EV chargers suitable for a wide variety of electric vehicles. Selected based on quality, style and reliability, our home EV charger installers help provide the right solution for every electric vehicle owner. Browse the collection of EV smart chargers, with wall mounted options hosting a range of tethered and untethered plugs, and a range of charging speeds.
Sleek and smart, charge your car in style with a host of smart EV charging features.
|Power output:||7kW or 22kW|
|Charger and home installation from||£1845|
Hypervolt Home 2.0
Available in a range of colours, paired with efficient home EV charging features.
|Charger and home installation from||£1245|
Ohme Home Pro
Compact and packed with cost and energy efficient features.
|Charger and home installation from||£1095|
Get EV home charger installation with Joltify. Ready to start your journey?
Request an EV charger installation quote today. Our expert car charger installers will be in touch to help you get started.
Why Install with Joltify?
As a fully independent and dedicated local EV charger installer, we are able to offer a more direct and streamlined service, with quick and straightforward installation guaranteed. For us, installing an electric charger at home is all about ensuring you get the best home charging experience. We want to make sure that your charger brings quality and comfort, and that your home is the easiest and most convenient place to charge your electric vehicle.
We don’t just turn up for a 2-hour install with payment upfront. We make sure there are no nasty surprises and do not ask for payment until you are 100% happy. With Joltify, the job isn’t done until you are totally satisfied.
100% Guaranteed Satisfaction
- As a local team, we offer personal site surveys, meaning we take the time to conduct an in-depth evaluation for your charge point install – finding the right solution for you and your vehicle.
- We do not subcontract, so all of our EV charger installers are dedicated and accountable for their work – they take the time to do it right. No ‘in and out’ and ‘here’s the bill’.
- Electric vehicles are our passion. We take pride in our work. From initial brief to installation and after care, we care about your home and charging experience – so we stay as long as necessary to make sure your charge point fits and works perfectly.
- Joltify won’t just fit and run. From downloading the app to learning how to use your new equipment, we are on hand until you are confident and able to get the best out of your new home charger.
Your Guide to EV Charging Installation
Car Charger Installation FAQs
Why install a home charger?
You bought an electric vehicle so you could drive it, not so it could sit on your drive!
Using a normal 3 pin socket only offers a very slow charge rate, sometimes taking up to 24 hours for a full charge. This means longer charging times, running out of juice, or having to plan your route around available and working public charging stations, hardly convenient.
An EV home charger, on the other hand, offers full control. Charge your car whenever you want, for as long as you want. You even have control over the price – set budgets, see how much it costs to charge your EV in real-time and ensure you are always getting the cheapest charging price by using an agile energy tariff.
Best of all you can do it all from the comfort of your own home. You wouldn’t go somewhere else or wait 24 hours to charge your phone, so why should you for your car or motorbike?
A home charger really will put you in charge!
What's included in home installation?
We install your home charger in the most convenient place for you. This is usually on the side of your home. We ensure that your charge point is fitted where it gets strong wifi coverage to help you get the best of any smart charge features.
We install tethered and untethered EV charger options. Our EV charger installation team will fit your chargepoint to your main electricity supply, and can even connect it to your solar panel electricity supply for chargers that support it – such as the Zappi 207UB.
Our installation team can provide you with advice from the very start. Experts in EV charging, we can help advise on the best way to charge your vehicle, the best charger for you and how to use it.
Can I get money off my EV charger installation?
You may be entitled for up to £350 of funding towards your EV home charger installation.
The EVHS, or Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme, is a grant provided by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) to support those choosing to go electric. The key criteria for EVHS grant eligibility are
- You must own an electric vehicle.
- You must have off-street parking.
The OZEV rules change as of March 31st 2022, which may impact your eligibility for the EVHS grant. Read more about the OZEV grant changes.
We are happy to go through all the details with you on the phone or during our site visit. To make the whole process easier, we fill in the EVHS grant paperwork for you and apply on your behalf.
Find out more about the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme.
How much does it cost to install an EV charger?
We make sure there are no hidden costs or surprises during your EV charger installation. With installation available from £1095, we install EV chargers at a range of different price points. We can help you choose the most cost-effective installation, and even help you make the most cost-effective use of it when charging your vehicle.
Getting a quote from us is easy, start by simply getting in touch.
Request a quote
Request a free EV charger installation quote, or find out more about EV charging.